CYCLING / LE TOUR DE LANGKAWI: Malaysian challenge fizzles out



IF there was going to be a Malaysian challenge in the general classification of Le Tour de Langkawi (LTdL), it all but vanished in Stage Three yesterday, with Adiq Husainie Othman salvaging some pride in his 33rd place finish as the best ranked local.

But Adiq admitted it was never his target to beat his compatriots, focusing mainly on team duties for his leaders in the Champion System team, which saw Americans Chad Beyer and Chris Butler limit the damage caused by runaway leader Wang Meiyin of the Hengxiang Cycling Team yesterday.
"I have no targets for myself. I'm here to work for the team's targets and my job today was to help Beyer and Butler up the climbs, then try to finish as high as I could as they are our general classification riders," said Adiq, 22.
"So, I'm not too worried about whether I finish ahead of the other Malaysians. We're also targeting the teams classification, so I will work towards that as well."

Source : NST Online

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...